Willow Nutrition Disclosure and Privacy statement
Jess Willow RD Disclosure and Privacy statement
In view of transparency, this document outlines information related to the ethos, data processing, background workings, intentions and integrity of Willow Nutrition.
Jess Willow is a Registered Dietitian (RD) with CORU (DI015640) and the Irish Dietetic and Nutrition Institute (1851) Check the register HERE. As a registered dietitian, Jess is bound to a code of professional conduct and ethics for dietitians. As part of being a RD Jess has been trained in communication skills and translating nutritional science into practical and understandable guidance.
Your privacy is very important to us.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement as appropriate.
By using this website, willownutrition.ie, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with, or you do not accept any aspect of the Privacy Statement, please do not use this website.
We do not share your personal information with anyone – unless for the purpose of onward referral to feed back to your GP or referrer. This will have been agreed with your prior to sharing.
What data do we collect and what may it be used for?
We collect data and process data when you:
● Email us via the contact form on the website or email us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org. We may store details relevant to providing you with the service, including contact details, information about the project or service requested and invoicing details.
● If you avail of any services, relevant information which is needed to complete these services may be collected. For example: contact details to facilitate communication, details needed for invoicing or information needed for completing an individual nutritional assessment. Explicit informed consent is obtained prior to gathering any of this information using the recorded client agreement for individual nutritional advice via Zoom.
● Pay for your consultation or service on our website. We use Paypal and Stripe Payments to manage payments securely. When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
– Respond to your requests, including refunds
– Process payments and prevent fraud
– Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
Security and storage of your data
Jess Willow RD is committed to ensuring that all personal information is secure.
● In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Jess Willow RD has put in place procedures to safeguard and secure any information collected. This includes the security of the electronic devices used to process personal data (via use of a firewall and only password protected electronic devices are used).
● We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
● Any information provided by you via email, contact form, video call or telephone that is not linked to ongoing consultations will be deleted after 1 year.
● Your data will be stored for eight years in accordance with the CORU Standards for Records and Record-Keeping (as these are medical records). For clients under the age of 18, records will be kept until your 21st birthday.
● Service providers used to store and process information related to carrying out dietetic services for clients all have robust security procedures in place and are GDPR compliant. These service providers include: Cloud Storage Services, Halaxy nutritional software for storage of clinical information data and Zoom video conferencing software. All information is handled confidentially. CORU record-keeping guidelines are strictly adhered to for one to one consultations.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
● Jess Willow RD will always disclose if there is a professional or financial relationship that could appear to influence the content of a post. Willow Nutrition will adhere to the IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau) and Advertising Standards of Ireland (ASAI) guidelines for sponsorship and advertising.
● As per CORÚs code of professional conduct and ethics Jess Willow RD will ensure any advertising is truthful, accurate, lawful and not misleading.
● Jess Willow RD will aim to answer any nutritional based queries and questions within our scope of practice. If we are contacted in relation to a topic which falls outside of our scope of practice or we feel another dietitian may be more suitable for an individual’s needs, we may signpost to another professional who has expertise in that specific area. Your personal information will never be sent onto a second party unless explicitly requested to do so.
● Jess Willow RD cannot provide individual nutritional advice unless a full nutritional assessment has been completed.
Like any other website, we use ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitor preferences, and the paged on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users’ experience by customising our web page content.
Last updated November 2022.